Here's a quick guide on how to get to Smart Araneta Coliseum from NAIA Terminal 3:
1) Go outside the airport and head to Bay 8 (see number on airport posts). It is where shuttle buses arrive to pick up passengers heading to Taft Avenue Station and other nearby destinations.
2) Line up and wait for the next bus arriving every 15 minutes. Flat rate is P20.
(Another option is to take a metered taxi - you have to go up to the 2nd floor: area outside airline check-in counters or yellow taxi - located in the area just behind the one designated for the shuttle buses.)
3) When you see The Heritage Hotel and Copacabana, it means you are near the train station. Don't worry, it's the shuttle bus' drop-off point.
4) After disembarking, look for the stairs leading to the station. You'll see directions, keep going. Take the MRT. It will take you to Araneta-Cubao station. Fare is P14.
5) Including Taft Station, you'll pass by 9 stations* before you arrive at Cubao.
* Taft Avenue > Magallanes > Ayala > Buendia > Guadalupe > Boni > Shaw Boulevard > Ortigas > Santolan
Based on personal experience, it took 30 minutes to get to Araneta. Fast enough!
When you arrive, use the elevator to take you to the ground floor. "Welcome to Araneta Center" signage will greet you. You are then set to explore the place! The coliseum is just around the corner, you can't miss it. Enjoy watching concerts and other events at the big dome!