Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Business-minded

As a child, mom taught us how to make a living. A fact that I am grateful of up to now. Being a widow and left with kids to raise, she, unlike others who easily give up their maternal responsibility to their children and on finding means to survive, managed to give us a good life. Wealth could come really handy, that's true. But it's also not everything. My mother strived hard. She managed a small business which she could do while attending to me and my siblings. Having your own business means being your own boss and more free time for personal responsibilities. Not as easy as it sounds but if you put your mind and heart to it, it will work. That's how we grew up - accompany mom buy goods for our sari-sari store, knowing how important it is to do multi-tasking to save not only time but also money.

I started off as an entrepreneur as early as my elementary days selling yema to classmates. I learned how to earn money. High school days came and I had the chance to sell snacks. Same thing even now when I already have a job. Earning extra is always a good thing. So don't always remain a consumer when you have the opportunity to be a seller.

I believe that being into business is not just about being envious at others who are doing it. You need to have the interest, will and that good hand required. How can you be an effective businessman when you don't even know how to market your products and collect payments? When a neighbor opens a store, the others do the same. Why do you think this is most often the case? Mainly because of envy. It often results to failed attempts in the end though, which is such a sad thing. But competition simply can't be avoided. So let those who have the heart prevail and the best for others with whatever reason they're "doing business".

No comments:

Post a Comment